- Keep your tattoo bandaged for one hour after leaving the shop.
- Remove bandage and wash gently with antibacterial soap and warm water (Dial or Softsoap). Do NOT rebandage the tattoo. Continue to gently wash the tattoo 3-5 times/day for two weeks.
- For two weeks, apply thin coats of A&D, Bacitracin, or Aquaphor 3-5 times/day.
- The tattoo will scab and itch, do not pick or scratch at it.
- No swimming, tanning, or direct sunlight for two weeks
- External Piercings (Nostril, Septum, Ear, Navel, Eyebrow, Nipple) Apply warm water and antibacterial soap (Dial or Softsoap) to a Q-tip to remove any buildup. Once the site is clean, apply saline solution to the piercing while moving the jewelry through it. Repeat at least three times a day for complete healing time
- Navel - A well treated navel piercing takes a minimum of 8-12 months to heal, although the outside may appear to be fully healed sooner. Avoid close fitting clothing and continue aftercare for the entire duration of the healing process. Tight fitting clothing can cause unsightly scar tissue. Many people find their navel piercings tend to flare up long after the initial piercing (redness, minor discharge). Treat flare ups like a new piercing for the first 3-7 days. If the naval piercing "grows out", you should have it removed and re-pierce the naval.
- Oral Piercings (Lips, Cheeks and Labret) These piercings require both external and oral aftercare. Clean the outside of the piercing with warm water and antibacterial soap. Clean the inside of your mouth with Listerine as well as Glyoxide.
- Even after the piercing has healed, additional time is required for the piercing to "toughen up". Ear, Nostril, and septum piercings should be left in at all times for six months. For all other piercings wait at least one year to change jewelry.
- Infections while infections are infrequent, if one should occur contact us as soon as possible. Simply removing the jewelry may not stop the infection. In case of serious infections, contact your physician.
- Septum: 2-6 Weeks
- Eyebrow: 2-4 Months
- Labret: 8-10 Weeks
- Nipple: 4-6 Months
- Tragus: 6-8 Months
- Cheek: 8-10 Weeks
- Nostril: 4-6 Months
- Lip: 8-10 Weeks
- Navel: 6-12 Months